Sky Ranch Tagaytay is an amusement park with an amazing view but is it really worth your time and the entrance fees? Read on to find out…
Sky Ranch is an amusement park located in Tagaytay, Philippines, a mountainous region just one hour south of the capital city of Manila. Sky ranch is definitely the place to go in Tagaytay if you want the thrill of a theme park and the relaxing view of nature combined. It’s a great day-trip destination for small and large groups. It is a good family friendly Theme Park where parents and children alike will enjoy themselves.
For an amazing view of Taal lake and Volcano , ride the “Sky Eye” Ferris wheel. You can’t say you have been to Tagaytay until you have gone up in the “Sky Eye’ which happens to be the tallest Ferris wheel in the Philippines, Other things to keep you entertained include horseback riding, mini-rides for kids, and several budget-friendly restaurants.
Developed in 2013, Sky Ranch was the most “googled” tourist attraction that year by locals. The destination has proven to be unique, and it’s estimated that more than 250,000 people will visit there each year.
If you want a break from reality, Sky Ranch is the place to be. This is great for family bonding or just relaxing.
Great for families with kids, with numerous attractions from bumper cars to bumper boats, zip lines, small roller coasters and, of course, the Ferris wheel. But that’s not all… there is also horse riding, many fun fair games and hundred’s of small food and drink stalls. A great way to spend an afternoon and evening. The park doesn’t get fully underway until 3pm so don’t get there too early. Sky Ranch Tagaytay give you great views of the lake during the day, followed by beautiful sunsets and romantic night lights.
Sky Ranch Tagaytay Review : Is It That Good?
When we arrived people were already lining up to get in. It’s my first time here and I was hoping to get a “Ride All You Can” ticket, so I was disappointed to find out they didn’t sell them. On busy days the “Pay as you go” system becomes annoying because you have to line up for the tickets again and again especially for popular rides.
Here are 5 reasons why you should also visit Sky Ranch Tagaytay:
- Tallest Ferris Wheel in the Philippines: It may be hard to believe, but it’s actually true. Sky Ranch “Sky Eye” is the tallest ferris wheel in the Philippines and takes you up over 63 meters (200 feet). Tagaytay being already 2,000 feet above sea level, so combine the two and you are more than 2,200 feet in the air (nose bleed). Take the 10 minute, air conditioned ride in the Sky Eye when you are there… You will love it.
- Amazing View: While on the Ferris wheel you will be able to see amazing views of the Tagaytay Highlands, Taal Volcano and Lake Taal, which is the country’s third largest lake.
- Multiple Attractions: More than just the ferris wheel, you can also experience many other rides including the Super Viking, horse back riding, several mini-rides for kids including the Express Train, Mini-Viking Ship, a Carousel, and the Nessi Coaster. Even more, near these attractions, they will soon open a Science Discovery Museum for children.
- Great Location: From Metro Manila, it’s a short 2 hour drive to get to Sky Ranch. Tagaytay Highlands is easily accessible from Manila and usually traffic is not too congested along the way.
- Inexpensive: Admission to the park is just 100PHP per person (about $2.50 USD). This is the cost for every person to enter whether they will experience the rides or not. Once inside, each attraction has it’s own price. The attractions for kids are usually just 50PHP (about $1 USD), but the attractions for adults range from 100PHP to 250PHP (about $2.50 – $5.00 USD). There are several affordable food vendors that are selling meals for an average of about 150PHP (about $3 USD).
If you are wanting the big thrill rides then maybe you should go to Enchanted Kingdom or Star City. The Super Viking, for me, was the most thrilling ride. The rides are mainly aimed at young children though there are a few for teenagers/adults and there is a wide selection of places to eat and stalls to eat from.
Sky Ranch Zipline
Ever want to zipline with an active volcano as your backdrop!?! I tried it and it was amazing… Check it and try it out if you dare….
The Log Coaster
A low to moderate intensity ride but it is fun. The ride enjoyable but over to quickly. I always laugh when watching this video…
Oh, I love this ride but it wasn’t going when I was there…. I don’t know why but it always makes me scream…
The Nessi Coaster
This is a real family ride. If I was a kid I would love this. Definitely not fast paced or overly scary for most. Great for the kids…
Other rides at Sky Ranch Tagaytay
Sky eye (Ferris Wheel)
Bumper Race Challenger
Please, help us to rate Sky Ranch Tagaytay
Here are a few more details you should know:
Sky Fun Amusement Park in Sky Ranch Tagatay is located right beside Taal Vista Hotel at Kilomoeter 60 Aguilnado Highway, Tagaytay City 4120.
Monday – Thursday, 3pm – 12am
Friday – Sunday, 12pm – 12am
Admission to park – 100PHP per person
Ferris wheel ride – 150PHP per person
Horseback riding – 250PHP per person